Talent Engagement Exercise
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paperWrite My Essay For Me
Jack Welch believed effective talent management could be achieved by dividing employees into three groups: the top 20%, the middle 70%, and the bottom 10%. He used this approach to identify top talent and provide them with challenging professional assignments early in their careers.
While team leaders often know “in their gut” which employees are strong performers, a simple analysis can help you know why they are doing well and where you can help them to develop. The use of a Talent matrix tool can make the assessment process very powerful.
This exercise is designed to give you practical experience in using a Talent Matrix to analyze your employees performance, as well as their alignment with the organizations mission and values. For each employee, you will assess their performance, consider how well they align with core values of the organization, and identify areas for improvement or professional development.
Four Quadrants Matrix
One tool used to support the Welch approach to talent management is a matrix based on four different combinations of performance and values. To prepare for this exercise, look carefully at the Four Quadrants Matrix above; then review this document: . Note how the Rationale statement describes each employees performance and level of alignment with the companys core values, and also indicates the managers plans for supervising each employee in the future.
Use the Four Quadrants Matrix above as a framework to assess your direct reports in your current workplace. If you have no direct reports, use a group of individuals with whom you are familiar. Create a Talent Engagement Chart, like the sample chart provided, with a row for each employee.
- Include an Introduction and a Conclusion
- Include 4 to 6 employees from your workplace in your chart, using first names only
- List and clearly define the core values you will use to assess your employees
- For each employee, create a row in the chart
Your task is to select one Quadrant for each employee and to indicate the placement that you chose in the Type column. Think carefully about the core values of your company and use them to assess these employees. Use the format below to organize your assignment:
- Briefly explain the purpose of the overall Talent Engagement exercise.
- Describe the companys core values that you will use to assess your employees.
- Include your Talent Engagement Chart here. Use the sample chart provided in this assignment as a model for your chart format.
Write a Rationale statement of 4 to 6 paragraphs. For each employee:
- Explain why you positioned them in the selected quadrant
- Assess their work and describe how well they align with the core values
- Identify areas for improvement or professional development
- Indicate your plans for managing the employee in the future
Note: In writing your Rationale, use the sample statement provided in this assignment as a guide.
- Reflect on your experience using this Talent Matrix tool. Was the exercise beneficial?
- Would you use some similar tool as a manager in the future? Why or why not?
- The assignment is typed and double-spaced, with a professional font (size 10 12)
- The assignment is submitted in MS Word document format
- Includes a Cover Page with the assignment title, your name, the professors name, course title, and date
- Includes an Introduction and a Conclusion
- Includes a Talent Engagement Chart, with a row for each employee
- Includes a Rationale statement of 4 to 6 paragraphs
- The assignment is written in a formal manner, with correct spelling and grammar
- References are included and provide appropriate information that enables the reader to locate the original source
- Citations and references must follow the formatting instructions found in the JWMI Writing Standards Guide. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Let our team of professional writers take care of your essay for you! We provide quality and plagiarism free academic papers written from scratch. Sit back, relax, and leave the writing to us! Meet some of our best research paper writing experts. We obey strict privacy policies to secure every byte of information between you and us.
ORDER ORIGINAL ANSWERS WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH