Learning Goal: I’m working on a management question and need support to help me learn.
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paperWrite My Essay For Me
- This assignment is an individual assignment.
- The due date for Assignment 1 is 16/03/2024.
- The Assignment must be submitted only in WORD format via the allocatedfolder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented; marks may bereduced for poor presentation. This includes filling in your information on thecover page.
- Students must mention question numbers clearly in their answers.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from studentsor other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. Noexceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced)font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be consideredplagiarism).
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- This Assignment comprises of a short Case.
- Assignments are to be submitted by each student individually.Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:After completion of Assignment one students will be able to understand the following
- LO1: To understand the role of human resources within the organization.
- LO2: To differentiate between the major functions of Human Resources andtheir interdependency.Read the case given below and answer the questions:Maryam, the owner, and manager of a company with ten employees, has hired you totake over the HRM function so she can focus on other areas of her business. During yourfirst two weeks, you find out that the company has been greatly affected by the upeconomy and is expected to experience overall revenue growth of 10 percent over thenext three years, with some quarters seeing growth as high as 30 percent. However, fiveof the ten workers are expected to retire within three years. These workers have beenwith the organization since the beginning and provide a unique historical perspective ofthe company. The other five workers are of diverse ages.In addition to these changes, Maryam believes they may be able to save costs by allowingemployees to telecommute one to two days per week. She has some concerns aboutproductivity if she allows employees to work from home. Despite these concerns, Maryamhas even considered closing the physical office and making her company a virtualorganization, but she wonders how such a major change will affect the ability tocommunicate and worker motivation.Maryam shares with you her thoughts about the costs of health care for the organization.She has considered cutting benefits entirely and having her employees work for her on acontract basis, instead of being full-time employees. She isnt sure if this would be a goodchoice.Maryam schedules a meeting with you to discuss some of her thoughts. To prepare for themeeting, you perform research so you can impress your new boss with recommendationson the challenges presented.
1.Point out which changes are occurring in the business that affect HRM. (2.5Marks)
2.What are some considerations the company and HR should be aware of when makingchanges related to this case study? (2.5Marks)
3.What would the initial steps be to start planning for these changes? (2.5Marks)
4.What would your role be in implementing these changes? What would Maryams rolebe? (2.5Marks)
Let our team of professional writers take care of your essay for you! We provide quality and plagiarism free academic papers written from scratch. Sit back, relax, and leave the writing to us! Meet some of our best research paper writing experts. We obey strict privacy policies to secure every byte of information between you and us.
ORDER ORIGINAL ANSWERS WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH